Welcome to “skills for intimacy”! In this section you will find some theoretical input, videos and method sheets to tackle the question of good distance / good proximity in the practice of youth workers.
We propose four different resources:
1. Our theoretical texts present the conceptual and methodological background on which we built our practical educational tools. Here you will find a short introduction to our conceptualization of “intimacy”, how it is related to cultural diversity and what are its challenges. We also offer a brief introduction to our two methodological pillars: “Intimacy, interaction and power » and an intercultural approach mindful of diversity and power relations.
2. The « workshop outline » shows you one possible flow of activities that we tried out.
3. You can check out our videos that illustrate the whole workshop (“learning path”) and the sequence about contact and consent.
4. You can also use our materials to create your own workshops to develop relational skills. The “method sheets” give you the necessary information to carry out or adapt the activities we developed.
5. A case study from our partner in Amsterdam offers connects the subject matter with a real-life context: that of the residents and volunteers of an integration house in Ijburg, Amsterdam.
6. Our glossary helps in finding orientation among phenomena and categories related to gender and sexuality. For a better understanding, besides offering definitions we also provide testimonies (texts or videos ) of concerned people who share what that specific concept means for them.